May 2018 Life update
Updated: Oct 3, 2018
Well…my life has been pretty hectic these last few months. However, there were many lessons that I learned during my final days of undergrad.
1. Focus and cherish the relationships that align with your with purpose and learn from the relationships that have hurt you
2. Trust in God and understand you do not need know what he has in store for you
3. Budget!! (…say a prayer that I become more fiscal responsible this summer)
4. Stay grounded and remember the basic principles God has given you to follow
5. Live in the moment!
My undergrad journey ended on May 13, 2018. I graduated from Hampton University with a degree in Strategic Communication and minor in Leadership Studies. My graduation weekend, was probably one of the best moments in my life. I had over 30 family members come to Virginia and celebrate with me, which is the best graduation gift I could ever ask for.
The day after graduation, I flew to Panama City for a service trip with The William R. Harvey Leadership Institute. The first two days have been challenging but rewarding physically and spiritually. It is amazing to see God’s beauties in another country, while learning more about yourself. To follow my adventures make sure that you are following me on Instagram @tiarajeanae. After this trip, I will be enjoying a little family time in Tampa and Cleveland. At the beginning of June, I will be moving to Washington D.C. to intern with NASA’s Headquarters.
I am also excited to continue writing on Tiara Jea’nae and sharing women’s stories on #HerStory, weekly this summer. Some AHmazing women will be sharing their stories this summer, and I know you all will enjoy reading them. I will also be collaborating with other brands and having many giveaways this summer.
Last month, I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. One day, I was scrolling through my comments and saw Brit from The Happiness Agreement had nominated me! Thank you girl! The rules for this award are
#1- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award and link back to their blog
#2- Answer the questions set by the person who nominated you
#3- Nominate 11 other blog and give them 11 questions to answer
#4- List the “rules” and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post
1. What’s the very first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Sadly, go on social media and reply to text. This summer, I am really trying to take the first 30 minutes of my day to mediate and complete a small devotional.
2. When you wake up, what is your drink of choice?
3. What is your very next goal to complete for your blog?
Be more consistent! I really want to post at least twice a week on my blog, rather it is my own writing or sharing another women’s story.
4. Why did you start blogging?
I have been reading blogs since middle school and noticed that there were more voices to be heard. So, I made the jump from reader to blogger to share my own story and give a platform for other women to tell their stories. Through this storytelling, I hope to connect women so that we can solve each other’s problems.
5. What would you say your purpose in life is?
To be a bridge. I strongly believe that one person or one community cannot solve problems on their own. I would like to connect the elderly with the young, the rich with the poor, the suburbs with the city, and most importantly one domination with another domination.
6. Motivation on bad days – what’s yours?
I Am Here from The Color Purple, song by Cynthia Erivo (..it will change your life!)
7. If you could live anyone’s life for one day, who would you be?
8. If you could partner with or be sponsored by a brand, which would it be?
Horacio Printing, this semester their planners have really kept me grounded and reminded me of my vision
9. What is the greater vision for your blog?
I would love to turn my blog into a conference! Throughout this conference, I would like women to be able to take the time to discover and then share their own stories.
10. What’s the best self-help book you’ve ever read?
Not Married Yet
11. What is your favorite inspirational podcast, motivational speaker, or inspirational YouTube channel?
I love Sarah Jakes Roberts. You can watch her on YouTube or listen to her podcast.
Ok!...now it is my turn to nominate 11 other blogs that I love reading!
Now, please answer these questions and follow the rules above nominees!
1. Coffee or Tea?
2. What is your favorite book?
3. One thing you cannot leave the house with?
4. If you could have lunch with one person, who would it be? And why?
5. What was the best piece of advice someone has ever given to you?
6. What has been the biggest challenge you’ve overcame?
7. How do you stay grounded in your faith daily?
8. Why did you start your blog?
9. How do you hope that your blog impacts The World?
10. Where do you see you blog in ten years?
11. One piece of advice you would give to a new blogger?